Update Mentioned Usernames in Comments/Content in JIRA & Confluence

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2013

We recently installed localized instances of both Confluence and Jira. While doing so, we converted over to Active Directory for our user directory and user management. Afterwards, I ran all of the user conversion scripts to update user names in Confluence and manually changed user names in JIRA.

Overall, evertyhing went quite smoothly, but I would like to take it a step further and run a query of some sort to update old usernames showing in mentions throughout content and comments to reflect the updated user names as well.

Can anyone point me to a script or something that might assist me in doing this?

Regards,

Trevor

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

We'll go with no answer.

0 votes
Siri Vias Khalsa December 6, 2013

All of the comments are stored in the database, Id bet your best option would be to parse through the text in the database and update it there. Of course you would want to test this in a non production environment and backup before you make any changes.

0 votes
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

Another bump... I'd really like to resolve this.

0 votes
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

Can someone with Atlassian confirm whether or not this can be accomplished? And if so, provide pointers on doing it?

0 votes
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

Anyone? Any atlassians out there with some input... or is this a fairly complicated undertaking?

0 votes
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Just bumping this so it doesn't get lost in Davy Jones' locker.

Suggest an answer