Update Jira-user's information

Andrey Kaganskiy June 24, 2014

Hi!

I have a problem with updating usrers in Jira 4.1.1. It's necessary to change FullName and Email attributes by connecting from sided system using PowerShell or SQL-scripts. In first case I try to use API, but methods .SetEmail() and .SetFullname() of RemouteUser class, but it failed. Then I try to change attributes directly in sql table but changes appeared in UI only after restart of service becourse of cache.

So, there is two questions:

1) How can I call metods of API by using Windows Powershall?

2) How can I remove cache on request? Or remove it according to schedule?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes

No, we only use LDAP authentication (only password-checking) like it's described in the article . We use Oracle Db as a storege, maybe in your terminology it is internal type.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2014

First, forget SQL, you will break Jira. (It will work if you have Jira offline, but isn't safe while it's running)

So, going back to the correct way to do this, you need to start by telling us what type of user directories you are using? Internal, LDAP, Crowd, something else?

As I know, in version 4.1.1 there isn't such term as "type of user directories", maybe I'm wrong.

We only use LDAP authentication and during installation I've chosen external oracle database as storage.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2014

Ok, yes, 4.1 does do directories, but only one (so it's internal or LDAP, or Crowd, or whatever)

You're on LDAP, so I suspect you're actually looking in the wrong place - you should be adjusting those details in your LDAP system, not Jira

No, we only use LDAP authentication (only password-checking) like it's described in the article . We use Oracle Db as a storege, maybe in your terminology it is internal type.

Suggest an answer