Update Jira 5.1.6 to new Jira 5.2 but at the first startup it behaves like a new empty installation

Hi erverbody,

i have a Jira 5.1.6 Installation that running on a mysql DB.

I updated it to the new 5.2 Version, but after the first startup it behaves like a new installation and ask me about my language and if it should run on the internal or an external database.

I have tried a update to 5.1.8 but there is the same behavior...

Can anybody help me with this?

3 answers

0 vote

How are you updating? Using the upgrade utility? Or are you installing a 5.2 environment?

In the latter case, make sue the JIRA Home property is updated in WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties file. If it s correct, verify that the database details are correct under JIRA_HOME/dbconfig.xml.

If you use upgrade utility, JIRA Home should be picked up automatically but just verify!

The envoriment is a debian linux and i update jira with the 5.2 bin package from their website. Installation Art is Point 3 (update a existing jira installation).

What is the upgrade utility?

I will check the configuration files and dbconfig.xml file but with the same files the last update from 4.x to 5.1.6 worked without problems...

Did you reindex? All of my issues were missing until I reindexed.

i have checked the files, before the update all files are ok but after the upgrade it seems the update delete the complett jira directory inclusive the dbconfig.xml and the attachments directory.

That would explain why it behaves like a complett new installation.

But that can not be intention of an update or?

Has anyone any idea on this issue?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

89 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you