Update JIRA

Diego Banhos September 7, 2015

Hola Equipo,

Estoy tratando de actulizar JIRA (v4.1#519) a una nueva version JIRA 6.4.11 64x.

Ustedes me podrian dar algun instructivo paso a paso para ver?

Puedo actualizar desde la version 4.1 a la version 6.4 de una sola vez?

Muchas gracias.

4 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2015

Hello Diego,

From a pure technical standpoint, you only need to have a stop at JIRA 4.4 before upgrading to the latest.

In any case, I would still test the upgrade process as the upgrade jump from 4.4 to latest (6.4.11) is very large.

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

Diego Banhos September 8, 2015

Ok, in that case I will try to install 5x or some version near 4.4. Do you know if I can have 2 JIRAs on the same server? running at the same time but on differents ports and pointing to 2 differents DBs?? JIRA`s will be the same version. best regards.

Diego Banhos September 8, 2015

Rodrigo? are you there?

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2015

Hello Diego,

You should upgrade JIRA to 4.4.5 and after that you can move to 6.x. No need to install 5.x. To do that, please follow the documentation below which should helps. smile

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+Manually

Cheers

L.F

0 votes
Diego Banhos September 7, 2015

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your reply.

So, according to what you are saying I must go from JIRA 4.1 to JIRA 4.3 and then to JIRA 6.x correct?

there is no need to install 5.x or something else?

Thanks.

0 votes
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2015

Hello Diego,

When upgrading from versions prior to 4.3, we usually advise customers to first upgrade the instance to JIRA 4.4 and then to the latest release to better adjust the database/javascript modifications that were implemented through the versions. For more information, please read this article. smile

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer