Hola Equipo,

Estoy tratando de actulizar JIRA (v4.1#519) a una nueva version JIRA 6.4.11 64x.

Ustedes me podrian dar algun instructivo paso a paso para ver?

Puedo actualizar desde la version 4.1 a la version 6.4 de una sola vez?

Muchas gracias.

4 answers

Hello Diego,

From a pure technical standpoint, you only need to have a stop at JIRA 4.4 before upgrading to the latest.

In any case, I would still test the upgrade process as the upgrade jump from 4.4 to latest (6.4.11) is very large.

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

Ok, in that case I will try to install 5x or some version near 4.4. Do you know if I can have 2 JIRAs on the same server? running at the same time but on differents ports and pointing to 2 differents DBs?? JIRA`s will be the same version. best regards.

Rodrigo? are you there?

Hello Diego,

When upgrading from versions prior to 4.3, we usually advise customers to first upgrade the instance to JIRA 4.4 and then to the latest release to better adjust the database/javascript modifications that were implemented through the versions. For more information, please read this article. smile

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

Atlassian Support

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your reply.

So, according to what you are saying I must go from JIRA 4.1 to JIRA 4.3 and then to JIRA 6.x correct?

there is no need to install 5.x or something else?

Thanks.

0 vote

Hello Diego,

You should upgrade JIRA to 4.4.5 and after that you can move to 6.x. No need to install 5.x. To do that, please follow the documentation below which should helps. smile

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+Manually

Cheers

L.F

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

165 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you