Update JIRA look/feel and LDAP via DB script

Abhi Vaishnav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

Hi,

I am on JIRA version 6.2.2 and want to create a JIRA staging environment.

I have the environment and have customized the JIRA look and feel along with pointing to a different LDAP server.

However, every time I refresh the MySQL data from prod, all my customizations get over written.

Does anybody know which MySQL values I need to over write so I can automate the setup process?

This is a bit annoying to have to update everything by hand after a DB refresh...

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

Hi Abhi,

Most probably - you should use properties table, also cwd_directory. But as I don't know complete list of your customization - I would recommend you:

1. make the migration

2. After the migration - create database dump

3. Make the customization

4. Make database dump again

5. compare dumps - and you will get the list of changes that are needed to be applyed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2014

The most important thing here - NEVER update a database while the application is running.

Suggest an answer