Update JIRA SD comments via REST

Cprime Apps April 5, 2017

Hello

I'm trying to get around the inability to import {{INTERNAL}} comments via CSV, as well as Cloud limitation, and came to a point where I decided to try updating them via REST API.

Documentation here says which endpoint URL to use and responses, however it doesn't provide any clues about which format PUT should be!

I tried various ways, from this

def setComment = put("/rest/api/2/comment/${commentId}/properties/sd.public.comment").body('{
"key": "sd.public.comment",
"value": {
"internal": false
}
}')

to this

def setComment = put("/rest/api/2/comment/${commentId}/properties/sd.public.comment").body('{internal: false}')

But none of them works. Would appreciate any help on this.

2 answers

0 votes

The solution appears to be more simple — just set header and 

def setComment = put("/rest/api/2/comment/${commentId}/properties/sd.public.comment")
.header('Content-Type', 'application/json')
.body([internal: true])
.asString()
0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Hi cPrime - since this is development related, you might want to try asking this over at: https://community.developer.atlassian.com as well (if you haven't already).

There's a lot of helpful and experienced people over there and you might well get a quicker answer in there than on here.

Thanks, will do next time — there just a lot of changes which we didn't get used to yet.

Suggest an answer