Update Issure Custom Field

Anton BIRILLO February 6, 2013

Hi all, after completion of the workflow step create User, i want to automatically fill in the custum field "performer". I go into the "transaction" in "post functions" and add an event type "Update Issure Custom Field" choose a performer and in the performer value field write the user's login, but not what is not working !!! but if the value of a field to enter a value of type %%CURRENT_USER%% - this solution works.

But i need not the current user, i need a specific user. Tell me, what format to use ?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2013

Mmm, this is working for me. We need a bit more info:

• When you say "write the user's login", do you mean that you have used their exact login ID? (e.g. I log in to one Jira as "nic" for the login ID, with "nic@somewhere.com" as the email, and "Evil Nic" as the display name - the important bit here is the login ID)
  • What version of Jira are you on?
  • What plugin, and version of that plugin, are you using? (I think I know which plugin, but I don't want to chase it down based on an incorrect guess!)
Anton BIRILLO February 7, 2013

Nic Brough, answer your questions:

1.under "username" I expected: "nic".

2. I'm using version 4.3.1

3.I only use three plugins:

JIRA-status-color - 1.0.3
JIRA Suite Utilities - 1.0.0
JIRA TimeSheet Plugin -2.1

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2013

Ok, I've got a 4.3 Jira and the Jira Suite Utilities and it works in there. Specifically, the post function "Update issue custom field" accepts a login string as a valid way to set the field "project manager"

Some more exact detail:

• The login string is all I have in the text area for value. I've got "nic" in there, no quotes, no leading or trailing spaces and all lowercase. That is, of course, my login id.
  • Project Manager is a single user picker. I haven't tried a multi-user picker
  • I'm using JSU 1.0.1 - because there are bugs in 1.0.0

I'd upgrade the plugin first, but if that doesn't help, I'd expect to see errors or reasons it's failing in your log file, so that's where to look next.

Anton BIRILLO February 11, 2013

Until I stopped at the interim solution.
created a new custom field "user picker",
fill the default value in the field needed by the user.

Next, the transaction used in post funtstions "Copy Value From Other Field".

0 votes
dy raffy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Is this user saved in any Field? If so, you can use the post function: (Copy Value From Other Field)

Raffy

Anton BIRILLO February 7, 2013

Hi Raffy, unfortunately there is no value is saved in other field.

Suggest an answer