Update Frequency SLA

Roman Reynebeau April 23, 2016

I'm trying to setup an SLA that would require a customer visible comment every X hours.  The problem I'm running into is that this would require using the Comment For Customer even as both the start time and end time event and that doesn't seem to be working.  Is it possible to setup something like this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2016

You could add a status to your workflow called Awaiting Next Comment. Create a transition that loops back to the same status - call it Await Next Comment.

Set up an SLA that starts when it enters Awaiting Next Comment with the goal X hours, and stops when the Comment For Customer event occurs.

Set up an automation rule that triggers when a comment is created, if the status is Awaiting Next Comment and the comment is public and the user is an agent, then execute the transition Await Next Comment.

I haven't tested this myself as my JIRA instance is down right now for upgrade. Let me know if it works or you have questions.

Thanks for the suggestion Chris.  I tried out this solution and my SLA initiates the first time the issue enters the status and it ends when I make a comment as expected.  I also have the automation setup and I can see in the history that the transition is executed but the SLA is not reset.  Maybe I'm missing something about how a multiple cycle SLA works.

I was eventually able to get this to work.  I needed to actually change the status and then change it back to my original status in order for the SLA start to register.  Originally my from and to transition status was the same and although it executes, it didn't recognize the as the enter status that would start the SLA clock.

One potential drawback of doing this is that the status and transitions don't update correctly unless I refresh my web browser.  In my example I'm changing from In Progress to Awaiting Next Comment and then back to In Progress.  After commenting, the status shown in the status text box is Awaiting Next Comment until I refresh.

0 votes
Emily Lukasik March 13, 2020

Hi - Is there solution that you identified that worked for you.  I am looking for this as well, for an external client commitment.  I don't want to add a transition into the workflow, as realistically this is an added non-value task (and therefore I think will often get missed).

Can this be calculated based on the comments; i.e. a running clock that gets refreshed every time a "Share with Customer" comment is added until the ticket is closed?

Suggest an answer