Update Custom User Field in Post Function - Cloud

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2017

I have a custom user field defined for QA Assignee so I can keep the Assignee field set to the developer at all times. I need to set the QA Assignee field to a specific user when ever an issue transitions into a "ready for QA" state. I've done this in server instances of JIRA using various add-ons but this is the firest time I've needed it in a cloud instance and for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere. I've found tons of questions about this online but nothing recent or relevant. Does anyone know how to accomplish this today in a cloud instance? 

Thx. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2017

ScriptRunner for Cloud was released earlier this year, so you should be able to use this. There's a built-in script 'Modify issue' which you could use as your starting point.

Try choosing 'Set select list' in Additional code, and adjust it as necessary using the id of your custom field.

http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/post-functions.html#_post_functions

Suggest an answer