Unusual Issue with Certain Fields Randomly Setting themselves to Null

Richard Schaeffer March 7, 2016

We have an issue that's been baffling us all day - at seemingly random triggers, we have a set of Custom Fields that will set themselves to null.  Below is an example - the user set the HerdProtect Infections field to 0, but somehow the other three fields are changed to null within the same step.

This shouldn't even be possible for a couple reasons - these fields have a Behaviour that disallows them from being modified except for at a specific status in the workflow and this change was made from the Edit screen, which does not even have these fields displayed on it! 

I've also seen it occur with a radio button update and can't seem to spot a pattern. 

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Is there anything else I can supply to help drill down the issue?  It can't be workflow postfunctions because the "nulling" doesn't occur during any transitions and I've triple checked all of our listeners - none of them modify fields.  It's extremely uncommon (Less than 1% of our tickets have this occur). 

Screenshot from 2016-03-07 17:09:08.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

Have a look at loggin REST calls, and check if anyone has been doing imports - I don't think Behaviours apply then.  (I'm not 100% sure about bulk-edit either)

Suggest an answer