Unusual Issue with Certain Fields Randomly Setting themselves to Null

We have an issue that's been baffling us all day - at seemingly random triggers, we have a set of Custom Fields that will set themselves to null.  Below is an example - the user set the HerdProtect Infections field to 0, but somehow the other three fields are changed to null within the same step.

This shouldn't even be possible for a couple reasons - these fields have a Behaviour that disallows them from being modified except for at a specific status in the workflow and this change was made from the Edit screen, which does not even have these fields displayed on it! 

I've also seen it occur with a radio button update and can't seem to spot a pattern. 

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Is there anything else I can supply to help drill down the issue?  It can't be workflow postfunctions because the "nulling" doesn't occur during any transitions and I've triple checked all of our listeners - none of them modify fields.  It's extremely uncommon (Less than 1% of our tickets have this occur). 

Screenshot from 2016-03-07 17:09:08.png

1 answer

0 votes

Have a look at loggin REST calls, and check if anyone has been doing imports - I don't think Behaviours apply then.  (I'm not 100% sure about bulk-edit either)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,494 views 15 20
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you