Unspecific message shown in Portal when raising a ticket

Bojana Vasic November 21, 2017

Hi,

Unspecific message shown in the Portal when raising a request, please see the picture bellow (just one of the available request on the portal is showing this, other request types are working fine, and all of them are using the same workflow).
According to JSDSERVER-3647 and JSDSERVER-3592 this is a known bug in JSD, and has been fixed in JIRA Service Desk version 3.1.8.
At the moment I am on a version 3.5.0 and the bug persist???

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

error message - bug.JPG

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

That behavior is due to a known bug, that was reported as fixed in JIRA Service Desk version 3.1.8. and I am on 3.5.0 :( Yes, it could be due to number of reasons...

However, I just deleted the request type with its fields, and re-created it from the scratch, after that was done it works fine.

//Bojana

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

No, that's absolutely not true.

The error message is "something has gone wrong".  You simply do not know what without reading the logs.

I'm glad you've fixed it by deleting data that's causing it, but it was clearly NOT fixed by the bug fix in JSD.

What I did was just a workaround, will follow up to see if it will happen again.

Will absolutely check the logs as well...

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

There are many reasons this error could be occurring.  You need to take a look at the log files at the time when one happens.

Suggest an answer