Unsaved comment annoyance

Ivo Noort January 24, 2020

After typing a comment and switching to check something without saving.

Returning to the ticket only gets the 'unsaved' message in the comment field but the text is nowhere to be found?

Anyone else have this problem?

2 answers

0 votes
Erin McGarry May 7, 2020

I found that when I refreshed the page and then clicked either Add Internal Note or Reply to Customer the comment would reappear. This did NOT work when I pressed M to open a comment box. I talk about it in detail here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Unsaved-comment/qaq-p/1371224

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Hi @Ivo Noort

I gave this a try in our test instance in the new issue view; I found that I could enter a comment and have the unsaved comment remain there whilst I did other things - such as transition the workflow.

If I then left the page (eg. went to a board, looked at another issue, etc) - the comment box notified me that I had an unsaved comment on each issue I looked at. 

To view the unsaved comment, I needed to "select" the comment box, and the text re-appeared.

Is this not happening when you re-select the comment box on your instance?

Ste

Ivo Noort January 27, 2020

Hello Stephen,

Nope I can click all I want, the text does not return... :(

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Hi @Ivo Noort

Looks like this is a known bug for some users unfortunately - see JRACLOUD-72289

There's a workaround on there but I can't test it as it's not happening for me. If it helps I'm on Google Chrome - in case the issue is browser-based.

Remember to vote for the bug so Atlassian knows it is impacting more than one user.

Ste

Ivo Noort January 27, 2020

Upvoted and watching!
Thanks Stephen!

Suggest an answer