• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unsaved comment annoyance

After typing a comment and switching to check something without saving.

Returning to the ticket only gets the 'unsaved' message in the comment field but the text is nowhere to be found?

Anyone else have this problem?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Ivo Noort

I gave this a try in our test instance in the new issue view; I found that I could enter a comment and have the unsaved comment remain there whilst I did other things - such as transition the workflow.

If I then left the page (eg. went to a board, looked at another issue, etc) - the comment box notified me that I had an unsaved comment on each issue I looked at. 

To view the unsaved comment, I needed to "select" the comment box, and the text re-appeared.

Is this not happening when you re-select the comment box on your instance?

Ste

Hello Stephen,

Nope I can click all I want, the text does not return... :(

Hi @Ivo Noort

Looks like this is a known bug for some users unfortunately - see JRACLOUD-72289

There's a workaround on there but I can't test it as it's not happening for me. If it helps I'm on Google Chrome - in case the issue is browser-based.

Remember to vote for the bug so Atlassian knows it is impacting more than one user.

Ste

Upvoted and watching!
Thanks Stephen!

I found that when I refreshed the page and then clicked either Add Internal Note or Reply to Customer the comment would reappear. This did NOT work when I pressed M to open a comment box. I talk about it in detail here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Unsaved-comment/qaq-p/1371224

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you