It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unrelated third party apps appearing during user mention Edited

I am not sure how did I mess up with all of these, but currently the assignable person now includes Slack, Trello, etc. Other unrelated 3rd party addons which I didn't add by default.

Image 2019-11-15 at 9.51.32 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @M_Bun

Thank you for reaching out.

The displaying of users from third-party applications happens due to the creation of users to integrate other applications with JIRA.

Basically, these users are added with the project role "atlassian-addons-project-access", which is automatically added to all the permissions of your project, including the assignable user permission, as mentioned in the documentation below:

Add-on permissions update 

In order to avoid these users to appear in your user picker fields, you can follow the steps below:

1 - Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Permissions > Click to Edit

2 - Click to remove the "atlassian-addons-project-access" from the Assignable User permission.

P.S: If you have any application that uses a user to assign issues, you will not be able to accomplish that.

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you