Unlock Organization Field

Jonathan Lapinsky July 16, 2021

I need to add a default value to the Organization field. We have tickets that are submitted without an organization assigned. This creates visibility issues. When another end user on the team needs to see the ticket they are unable to because they can only see tickets that are assigned to the organization they are a part of. When a ticket doesn't have an organization, it can not be seen by anyone other than the requester. It appears a default value can be assigned, and I could create a default org of sorts and add the appropriate people to it but we are using Cloud and cannot run a command to unlock the field. Any thoughts? Even if I could just make the organization field required on the screen that would help, but that doesn't seem possible right now. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 9.20.58 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

you cannot unlock this field. you might find this of interest - what-are-locked-custom-fields 

Thanks! That does seem to be the case. I'm going to try using automation. If an issue is created where the Organization field is blank than populate the organization field with my desired org. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Well I haven’t played with this myself I understand that the ability to edit the issue and set the organization does not yet exist. Here is a suggestion that seems to cover that use case JSDCLOUD-4258 .

if you find a solution using automation please be sure to share it here.

Yes, the automation solution works. 

1. Head to project settings 
  2. Select Automation 
  3. Create a new rule 
  4. Mine is set to the following 
    1. When:Issue is Created 

2. Field[Organizations] contains none of [all the populated organizations] 
    3. Then: Edit Issue Fields [Set to desired value] 

This works for users logged in and not logged in. This rule is saying, if a user submits a ticket, and does not select an organization, then populate the organization field with a default org of my choice. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 12.26.42 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2021

Cool. Thanks. I also noted you can use domains for setting organizations.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events