Universal Condition in workflow does not work with Original Estimate

James Sorby October 10, 2012

Hi Jira Users,

I am trying to add a condition to a workflow so that a certain transition is only visible if the Original Estimate value of the issue is <= 15 minutes (for a fast track support desk function).

I have tried to use the Universal Condition but it will just not work. What am I doing wrong???

I have set the condition, just to test it, to this:

{Original Estimate}>=0min and also tried {Original Estimate}>=0w 0d 0h 0min

Neither work and the transition button NEVER appears, even though the Original Estimate of the test ticket is 30m

The actual condition I need is {Original Estimate}<=15min but as I could not get that to work I statred to try to get ANYTHING to work and just show the workflow transition if the Original Estimate was just greater than 0. It just wouldn't work.

Any help anyone can give with how to use the Universal Condition (part of the Jira Workflow Enhancer plugin) and make it work, or any other way to achieve this by some other means, I would be HUGELY grateful.

Many thanks

James.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Verhás István
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

The correct answer is upgrade to 2.0.1 or newer! :-)

0 votes
James Sorby October 11, 2012

Hi Verhasi,

What a coincidence. Having just logged in to check the answer to your question, there was an upgrade waiting for me for that plugin - to upgrade from 1.5.1 to 2.0.1. I have installed the update and it all works perfectly now!!

Thanks for making me check :)

James.

0 votes
Verhás István
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012
What version of the plugin are you using?

Suggest an answer