Uninstall option for add-ons not available

Brendan Andrews June 17, 2014

What I'm looking to achieve is the removal of a user associated with an add-on. The user is associated with the Smartesting Zest plugin in an on-demand instance. I presume that uninstalling the add-on will remove the user - or at least allow me to remove its access to JIRA.

In Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-ons there is no option to uninstall it, only one to disable it. This leaves the user unable to be dropped from access (and so taking up a licence).

Is this the right way to remove the user and if so why is there no option to uninstall the add-on?

Brendan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brendan Andrews June 25, 2014

Yesterday I went to re-enable this add-on for someone who wanted to evaluate it. The uninstall option now appears, right next to the enable button. As it's an on-demand instance, perhaps something was changed and if so - thank you!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2014

Some addons are locked in place in OnDemand, you need to remove the addon via your OnDemand management account - if you go that way and it still persists, you'll need to raise this with OnDemand support.

Brendan Andrews June 18, 2014

Thanks Nic, but we couldn't find that option in the OnDemand management account. I should add that the uninstall button doesn't appear in the Manage add-ons for any of them under JIRA admin.

But to get to the root of the problem - we can't get rid of the user associated with the plugin, even though the plugin is disabled and not used (from what I've checked). That's what I'm looking to solve. The mouse-over message on anything to change or remove the user is 'You cannot modify a system administrator'. Interestingly the user isn't listed under administrators.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2014

I think this one really does need to go to OnDemand support - if there's no un-install in your account, I've got a feeling that you can't remove it completely without at least a restart of JIra, which needs Support...

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2014

Hey Brendan, just a check, but what is the username of that user? If it's 'sysadmin', then it's an internal admin account for Atlassian to use when helping to manage the OnDemand instances.

Brendan Andrews June 19, 2014

Hi Joe, the username is 'addon_com.smartesting.zest.jira-plugin'. So no luck there I guess.

Suggest an answer