Unfortunately i couldn't able to open any of the projects being an admin.

Atif Ahmed September 30, 2019

Hi

For some reason i couldn't able to open any of the projects in JIRA being an admin.

Could someone help ?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Hi Atif,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you have two accounts in the instance. Your email that starts with the letter U is a site-admin and the other email that starts with A is a user only. 

Please, make sure to log in using the correct account to be able to access projects and settings.

Also, as you are a site-admin, you can add yourself to all groups on Administration > Users and adding those groups, you will be able to see all projects.

Regards,
Angélica

Atif Ahmed October 1, 2019

Hi Angelica

i did try with both emails. But no luck. Pls advise. It’s the same issue. Couldn’t able to access projects.

thank you

uday

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2019

I see that you are a site admin and are on the group “Administrators”, so you should see all the projects when logged using the same email you are using here in community.

Can you send us a screenshot of what you see when you go to Jira settings > Projects?

Is there any error saying that you don’t have permission?

Atif Ahmed October 2, 2019

Hi 

Please connect and resolve the issue asap. I can be reached on 409.893.0839.

I have all permissions needed to access JIRA but couldnt able to do it.

If this is how the issue has been handled for these many days just for access we are not going to continue with JIRA.

Please reach out to me asap or cancel the subscription renewal asap. I am unable to cancel from my end or advise me how to cancel subscription.

Thanks

Uday

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

Hi Atif,

Here in community we try to help as much as we can, but we don’t have phone support.

I see that you have permission, that’s why I asked you for a screenshot because I would like to understand what you see when you go to the projects menu.

Since we can’t access your instance to see what is happening, I created a ticket with our support, so they can access and find out why you are not able to access the projects.

You should have received a notification and soon someone will contact you.

this is what i see for every project with the admin access.

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 2.49.13 PM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

Atif, please check if on the left side bar you can access Project settings > People and add yourself as Administrator of the project.

This error appears even when we are administrators, so we need to add our user as an administrator in the project.

yes i did added and tried and its the same issue. no luck.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2019

Thank you for the tests and details Atif.

I updated the ticket with this information, so now let's wait for the support to contact you and access your instance to confirm what is happening with the permissions.

Suggest an answer