Undo Ranking changes in Jira

Jinanie Karangoda March 8, 2016

How can i undo ranking changes in JIRA ? History does not show the original ranking position. hence i can not find the original rank to re position a JIRA item.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

I'm afraid that's one of the few things that is not tracked by JIRA, so you can't undo it.  The logic is that ranking is a very human thing and if someone is getting it "wrong", they should be educated, not have their work undone.

William Pietri December 13, 2016

I think that logic only applies if the ranker made an intentional change. In my case, I accidentally reordered some things (no idea how; I just thought I was opening tickets in new windows) and now am unable to put them back. It would be good to also be able to fix other people's mistakes.

Like Phil Roberts likes this
5 votes
Ocie Mitchell October 10, 2016

It would be a helpful feature.  I was looking at a list of issues on a mobile device and when I tried to scroll the list, I instead picked one of the issues out of the lis and started dragging it around.  I hadn't noticed where in the list it was, because I was actually trying to scroll the list.  In my particular case, it might have been enough to leave a "ghost" of where I had pulled the issue, so I could put it back.

1 vote
John Macpherson November 4, 2018

This is so irritating on touch-screen devices (PC in my case)... scrolling is almost impossible, changing in rank functionality effectively overrides the conventional functional that would be expected i.e. scrolling.  Given that the e ranking is intended to show development priority, this is far too significant a change to be so easy to make accidentally while also impossible to undo!  This is crying out for an Undo capability.

0 votes
Maksim Kirillov May 17, 2017

Since ranking is performed by just a drawgging it it very easy to make unintentionally. So at least some way to undo change which you have done just now.

Suggest an answer