Undo Ranking changes in Jira

How can i undo ranking changes in JIRA ? History does not show the original ranking position. hence i can not find the original rank to re position a JIRA item.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm afraid that's one of the few things that is not tracked by JIRA, so you can't undo it.  The logic is that ranking is a very human thing and if someone is getting it "wrong", they should be educated, not have their work undone.

I think that logic only applies if the ranker made an intentional change. In my case, I accidentally reordered some things (no idea how; I just thought I was opening tickets in new windows) and now am unable to put them back. It would be good to also be able to fix other people's mistakes.

It would be a helpful feature.  I was looking at a list of issues on a mobile device and when I tried to scroll the list, I instead picked one of the issues out of the lis and started dragging it around.  I hadn't noticed where in the list it was, because I was actually trying to scroll the list.  In my particular case, it might have been enough to leave a "ghost" of where I had pulled the issue, so I could put it back.

Since ranking is performed by just a drawgging it it very easy to make unintentionally. So at least some way to undo change which you have done just now.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you