Understanding Processes

Neelakshi Gupta July 21, 2015

HI , 

We are running JIRA (JIRA v6.5-OD-08-001)on Trial in our company and have come acrross few questions listed below : 

1. As per videos and Demos on JIRA there are road maps , version and component , but I can't see it in our project summaries 
  2. Can we see specific dates rather than ...days ago in the activities info or history of an issue
  3. How does JIRA updates the reporter or Project lead when a task is overdue or the assignee has over used allotted days on any task. (can he get notification on that)
  4. What if someone forgets to stop progress and starts with another task. 
  5. Or how to log time for yesterday's work or any other date when someone has not logged it in the same day. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2015
  1.  You need to add versions and components via project admin before they will appear on issues and reports.  (Roadmap is version based too)
  2. Yes, there's a global advanced setting you can change to get absolute dates at all times.  I'm not sure you can change it on Cloud - it's certainly a support request with Atlassian Support to get it changed for your instance, if they do support it.
  3. It doesn't.  You need to run filters for "issue overdue" and report on those in dashboards and use filter subscriptions to email people about them
  4. Then you ask them to log their time accurately when you notice that they've done this
  5. Log work accepts any date, it just defaults to today.

Hi Thanks for the Reply, please explain on the few points below : 1. Versions and components - do I need to change the scheme of the project, please send the screenshot(if possible) for where I need to change the settings for the same. 2. Global Advanced setting only contains time zone and format. Anywhere else will I find those settings ? 3. How can we customise JIRA to get notifications when a particular issue is over due ?

Hi Thanks for the Reply, please explain on the few points below : 1. Versions and components - do I need to change the scheme of the project, please send the screenshot(if possible) for where I need to change the settings for the same. 2. Global Advanced setting only contains time zone and format. Anywhere else will I find those settings ? 3. How can we customise JIRA to get notifications when a particular issue is over due ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2015

1. No, you just add them. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACLOUD/Project+Management 2. No, you will need to contact Atlassian support as I said 3. run filters for "issue overdue" and use filter subscriptions to email people about them

Thanks

Suggest an answer