Under JIRA portfolio will the information auto update if working in a project and a date changes?

Courtni Holdegraver August 18, 2017

We currently don't have portfolio but wanted to see if the information will update if we change it on the project page; i.e. changing an end date.  I don't want to have to update dates in two places.  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2017

Hi @Courtni Holdegraver,

Most of the information in Portfolio for JIRA plans are pulled from JIRA and as such should not require you to change in multiple places.

The due date field (if that's the one you are using for "end date" in JIRA is not used in Portfolio as it calculates its own start/end date.

It might help figuring out the best usage for you if you could further describe the problem that you are trying (or expect) to solve with Portfolio.

Cheers,

Thomas

Courtni Holdegraver August 21, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. To further explain I want to create a roadmap in portfolio but not want to update in two places, for example if the end date changes my roadmap will auto update. 

Also on a side note has portfolio gotten better with print capabilities? 

Suggest an answer