Under Import external projects, I do not see Bugzilla as an option

Roshan Vinayan July 15, 2014

Under Import external projects, I do not see Bugzilla as an option

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica_Moszkowicz July 15, 2014

I don't believe you can do a direct import from Bugzilla to JIRA with OnDemand. If your Bugzilla database is new enough (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla), then you can set up a local install of JIRA and use the Bugzilla import wizard there to import your data. Once you have it in a local JIRA, you can follow the directions for using the JIRA import wizard.

If your Bugzilla is not compatible with the Bugzilla Import Wizard, you may want to try using the JSON importer. We had great success migrating a very old Bugzilla database into JIRA by way of JSON. You'll need to create the import files yourself based on the information stored in your Bugzilla database. I won't lie, this wasn't the easiest process, but, in the end, we were able to capture exactly what information we wanted from our ancient Bugzilla database and bring it into our current OnDemand instance. (e.g., Our users felt strongly that we should keep the old Bugzilla IDs in the new JIRA issue keys since they are used all over the place in our existing documentation and e-mails. The Bugzilla import wizard won't do that, but you get a lot more flexibility using JSON. We were able to set the keys for the new issues exactly the way we wanted them.) Good luck!

Suggest an answer