Undeletable issues

Christian Juny March 12, 2014

While setting up our jira-environment, we did "some" testing. Now, nearing the conclusion of that process and were about to clean up to get ready for production, we stumbled upon the problem that certain issues could not be deleted.

Description:

• The issues in questions are subtasks, whose main-task was (apparently) successfully deleted by bulk action.
  • The issues in question can't be found in the jira-database, they only show in the GUI (like filter results)
  • The server has already been restartet
  • indexing ran through several times, no errors in the log
  • though the issues are visible, the can't be opened
    • error message: "The operation that you wish to view does not exist. If the message your opinion is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators. Back to Search" (rough translation)
  • trying to access the issue-controls results also in an error:

Any ideas or do i have to open a support request?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Did you try the integrity checker? Did you do a full reindex or a background reindex? IMO only a full reindex (which makes JIRA inaccessible) removes issues from the index which doesn't exist because the index is deleted and rebuild.

Christian Juny March 12, 2014

Thank you very much! I was not aware that there was an actual difference between the two, except the obvious locking. The full index did the trick.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2014

I'd open a support request. I'm surprised you're allowed to delete parents of subtasks throught the UI

Suggest an answer