Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: Cannot remove an enabled plugin

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

trying to remove a plugin that is incompatible after an upgrade.
It is disabled now, but while trying to remove it using UPM I get:

2014-05-16 09:42:38,833 http-bio-8080-exec-305 INFO 582x5803x1 9rw2wr ...
/rest/plugins/1.0/at.celix.jira.plugins.column-order-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Found dependent enabled plugins for uninstalled plugin 'at.celix.jira.plugins.column-order': [].  Disabling...
2014-05-16 09:42:38,858 http-bio-8080-exec-305 ERROR  582x5803x1 9rw2wr ...
/rest/plugins/1.0/at.celix.jira.plugins.column-order-key [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: Cannot remove an enabled plugin
com.atlassian.plugin.PluginException: Cannot remove an enabled plugin

What course of action should I take?
is it safe to stop jira, remove a jar from installed-plugins and then re-start and re-index?

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2014

Hi Andrei,

checking the log it seems that you can't unistall this plugin because there's another plugin that depends from. Did u try simply to restart your JIRA instance?

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2014

yes, I tried restarting, but this msg keeps coming back when I try to uninstall a plugin after bouncing JIRA. thanks!

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2014

is it safe to stop jira, remove a jar from installed-plugins and then re-start and re-index?

Yes. If you cannot remove it from the UPM, stop JIRA and remove it from $JIRA_HOME/.../installed-plugins

Suggest an answer