Unauthorized Access - Please login to remote application

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

I have 2 jira instances to each other via application link.

When i try to access that application link in Configuration Manager addon it throws below error message in both the instances.

I have added respecitve IPs to both instances as trusted application for incoming and outgoing authentication

"Unauthorized Access

You have to authorise this operation first. Please login into the remote application."

9 answers

2 votes
Dimitar Dimitrov July 31, 2018

Hey this is the solution you are looking for: https://kb.botronsoft.com/display/PS/Unauthorized+Access+message+when+browsing+snapshots+from+a+Linked+Jira+Instance

Just make sure you click on the 'Authenticate' link. Enjoy!

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2014

On this case the user base is not the same, we should use oAuth which will use a token to authenticate instead the username.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

I have tried oauth as well however that did not work

I just enabled it and same error.

Currently I have delete the links. When I do it again, shall I select checkbox where it asks - Are you admin on both jira (something like this, this msg comes after "are users same on both instance")

Andrew DeFaria April 27, 2015

@Luciano Fagundes, have you ever gotten this resolved? I have the same problem...

0 votes
Pareshkumar Gandhi June 18, 2014

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2014

Instead of using the Configuration Manager addon , can you login in JIRA as administrator and follow the documentation below?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Linking+to+Another+Application

Pareshkumar Gandhi June 18, 2014
I don't have same local users on both jira.
Do i need those?
0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2014

One more thing, leave the ip patterns and url pattenrs in blank, you can setup this later once you make the applications talking to each other. :)

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

Do i need to use local jira user?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

Did not work :(

I disabled oauth and removed ip pattern from trusted applicaiton

also disabled trusted application and enabled oauth

- same error

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2014

If the user base is the same we can stick with trusted. Please note that we can only have one authenticator, so oAuth needs to be disabled. In case it doesn't work, I suggest to disable trusted and try to use oAuth.

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2014

Are you using the same user between the instances? If not, you should use oAuth method instead of trusted.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

Yes, I'm using same user. It is active directory user which is admin on the both jira.

Still I need to use oAth authentication?

When I looked into Configurare screen, it shows oAuth is also enabled.

I'm using trusted application.

Is it by defaul that oAuth is enabled. Do i need to disable it?

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

warning in atlassian-jira.log

SimpleHttpConnectionManager being used incorrectly. Be sure that HttpMethod.releaseConnection() is always called and that only one thread and/or method is using this connection manager at a time.

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

Do I have to login with local admin?

Suggest an answer