Unassigned Issue Types

Michael Parker August 11, 2017

I need some help please.

I have a work flow scheme where I want an issue not to follow a desired work flow.  I have removed this issue and added the issue I want to pass via this workflow.

But as the Unassigned Issue Types is defaulted to the workflow scheme this is not allowing me to remove this.

Please can anyone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

The basic answer is, if you are forcing different issues to follow different paths there is a condition on the workflow. You need to find out what it is. It sounds like unassigned issues can't follow the path you want. 

This dont work basically I want the issue dev bug to be visible when creating a new issue.

But I dont want this to follow the workflow my project has. :(

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

Your first post says unassigned. Now you're saying dev bug, which isn't the same. If you want a different issue type to follow a different workflow you need to assign that issue type to a different workflow in the workflow scheme. 

Hi Joe

Thanks for this.

I want the dev bug to remain as an issue type when raising sub tasks so when creating a new issue.

And when these are created, I dont want this to follow the current workflow set up with my project.

If I allocate the dev bug to another workflow would this still let me use is when creating new issues?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2017

Issue type schemes are for what issue types you have in your project

Workflow Schemes are to match a workflow to an issue type.

There can be a one to one relationship or one workflow can have multiple issue types. 

The default workflow is for any issue types not related to a specific workflfow.

Thanks Joe

I am unable to un assign the All Unassigned Issue Types issues from workflow schemes

I beleive this is why when I raise a bug it still take me via the workflow I have set up even though I have not requested to select this issue type as an option to follow this flow when raising.

Which is becoming frustrating.

:(

Like Pooja N likes this
Michael Parker August 14, 2017

Can anyone help??

Suggest an answer