Unable to view all jira records when we pull queries

Prasanna November 25, 2020

Hi Team

i m experienced with wired behavior, i dnt have deleted any Jira records and unable to see older records and our backend DB is PostgreSQL.

Did these things

1. RE-indexing : not helped

2. Only few latest records are showing on UI

3. Able to login to postgresql db and could not able to see those records.

How to retrieve if someone deleted by acidents in backend or front end

1. I did installed the plugin- 'who deleted my issues' and its not listing anyone records

Please lemme know ,if anyone knows or encountered like this

1 answer

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

First thing to check is if you have the permissions to browse every issue that your query is returning... but since you're not seeing those in the DB I guess this is not the case.

As for your second point: If someone actually deleted the data you're looking for your only hope would be restoring a backup. No backup = no chance to restore the data.

The only exception I can think of would be trying to get some professional data recovery service. Usually they're equiped with the hardware to get your data back but this is not granted.

Prasanna November 25, 2020

Hi ya..

I am. Jira admin n able see all queries n browse.  Suddenly something happened.. Most of the closed records are gone out of db..

Yeah chasing on postresql db..  Still no luck.. Logs are also not helpfull through 

Prasanna November 27, 2020

Hi Ya,

After investigation and i came to know that, those records are being deleted by someone. We dont have any logs from Jira or Postgresql.

I have not enabled Logging/Profilling : ON and so no logs for any transactions. So we lost the data.

I found plugin , where it will search "Who deleted my issue" https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219171/who-deleted-my-issues?hosting=server&tab=overview : its not found too.  Since deleted records are all are closed ones. So breathing easy , having said that it should repeat and i am going upgrade from 7.11.1 to 8.14 and migrate.

Lets home for the best, Thank you for your information

Regards

Prasanna

Preston-UK

Suggest an answer