Unable to view 'Security Level' field in the create screen

Bharath M April 29, 2012

Hi, we are trying to apply Issue Level Security on one of the projects. I created the security scheme, added a security level to it and added a group to this security level. Then I associated the project with this security scheme.

Now when I try to display the Security Level field on the create screen it doesn't show up. I tested by modifying other fields. They do show up but not Security Level field.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

-- Bharath

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2012

Andre covered my questions about the field.

However, have you also enabled the permission? The field needs to be on the screen and covered by field configs etc, but the user creating/editing the issue also *must* have the set-security permission, or the field will be hidden (same way you "lose" assignee or reporter if the user doesn't have "assign issue" or "set reporter")

Bharath M April 29, 2012

Change in the Issue Permissions did the trick. Thanks Nic and Andre.

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2012

Did you enabled the Field on the field-configuration for that project and issue-type?

Bharath M April 29, 2012

Yes Andrew. I did enable the field. As I said, I enabled/disabled other fields and I can see that change on the screen. But its only the Security Level field that is causing the issue

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2012

Hmm, weired.

It should be there if you displayed the field on the "CreateScreen" (http://YOURJIRA/secure/admin/ConfigureFieldScreenScheme.jspa?) and if the field is present on your FieldLayout (http://YOURJIRA/secure/admin/ViewFieldLayouts.jspa).

Don't forget to enable the filed in both configurations, that was my fault when I started with Jira-Administration 2 years ago. Didn't know that I have to edit both schemes. :-)

Also make sure that alle schemes are associated with your project.

Suggest an answer