Unable to use field "issuelinks"

There is a field called issuelinks but displayed as Links. I want to get a querry of all my issues that has links on it. JIRA is not allowing me to use issuelinks as a variable in my filter.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hello Marc, I had just found a similar question this morning and was going to direct you to the answer, but now I cannot find it.

The crux of the answer involved leveraging an add-on called JTricks. I believe it can provide the result you seek.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.j-tricks.jql-plugin

0 vote

That's because it's not really a field.

Links are a collection of logical pointers to other issues or places, they aren't really field data, and you need to use search "functions" to get at them. Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching+Functions

Thanks Nic! But, I'm wondering how come they are shown in the filter results?

Because there's a display for them - it just renders what it finds in the links data in a friendly format - the data behind them is a bit more complex (it's actually a directional pointer and a type, with source and target, most;y looks like numbers!)

Alright! Since it is not a field, it cannot be copied using post functions right?

Not simple post-functions that just go field to field - you need to write things that understand that it's a list of links and understand how to get them into whatever you want to copy them into.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

523 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you