Unable to upgrade the Universal Plugin Manager Plugin

saraponga October 1, 2012

My Jira installation reports that a newer version of the Universal Plugin Manager is available but when I click on "Update Now!", nothing happens.

I also have three user installed plugins which are also reported as having available updates, but neither have the "update button". When I press the "Update All" in the overall heading, they all fail with the message; "Could not install plugin from unknown plugin. The URI must be absolute." The plugins are all Atlassian plugins.

I see the following in the logs;

2012-10-02 10:29:50,347 pool-5-thread-3 ERROR SaraP 629x697x1 274jvf 10.2.3.67,10.0.7.51 /rest/plugins/1.0/updates/all [rest.resources.updateall.UpdateAllTask] Failed to download plugin
com.atlassian.upm.RelativeURIException: URI must be absolute
        at com.atlassian.upm.impl.PluginDownloadServiceImpl.checkIfURIIsSupported(PluginDownloadServiceImpl.java:275)
        at com.atlassian.upm.impl.PluginDownloadServiceImpl.downloadPlugin(PluginDownloadServiceImpl.java:85)
        at com.atlassian.upm.rest.resources.updateall.UpdateAllTask.download(UpdateAllTask.java:158)
        at com.atlassian.upm.rest.resources.updateall.UpdateAllTask.call(UpdateAllTask.java:86)
        at com.atlassian.upm.rest.resources.updateall.UpdateAllTask.call(UpdateAllTask.java:46)
        at com.atlassian.upm.rest.async.AsynchronousTaskManager$1.call(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:65)
        at com.atlassian.upm.rest.async.AsynchronousTaskManager$1.call(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:60)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.sal.core.executor.ThreadLocalDelegateRunnable.run(ThreadLocalDelegateRunnable.java:34)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Jira: v5.1.5#784-sha1:6c72993 standalone
UPM: 2.1.5

Any ideas where I should start looking?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KhongMingA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

Hi Sara

This is actually a know bug issue with the UPM version of 2.1.5 in UPM-1931
This can be fix by updating the UPM to version 2.2 manually by download the jar or copy the jar URL from the Plugin Exchange and then install it through the "Install Plugin" dialog. -source from Ben

This question had been answered regarding the the UPM 2.1.5 by Ben Woskow.

Cheers
KM

Suggest an answer