Unable to update the JIRA Project Avatar

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2012

THis is a small thing, but irritating. I"m trying to update the Project Avatar to a .png image (48 x 48 pixels). I have full admin rights and I select the new Avatar no problem. It shows in the Edit Project screen, how I selected it and then I hit "update" and it doesn't change the avatar. I've done this for a number of other projects so perplexed as to what I"m dong wrong this time. I'm running JIRA 4.4.3. Thanks...

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2012

I think it had to do with not being the project administrator. It seems it lets me into the edit Project details and I can upload a new avatar, BUT if I'm not the actual administrator for that project, it won't save. But it let me think I had added the avatar.

1 vote
Colt Forsythe September 26, 2012

This is disappointing. A feature like this is very simple and should work without having to reindex the database.

0 votes
Josch Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2016

Seems its the coding of the image. See here : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/246560

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2012

Yeap, this almost gave a heart attack.

I'm not exactly sure how I fixed this, but I think I reindexed the Jira and made the avatar's update with the admin user.

Suggest an answer