Unable to transition issues back to the Kanban backlog

Deleted user November 14, 2017

I'm trying out the new Kanban backlog for one of my boards. I created the status "Backlog" in my workflow so I can apply it to the Kanban backlog column in column management. I have my workflow set up to allow all statuses to transition to the "Backlog" status. But when I try to transition issues of another status back to the Backlog I get the following error message:

"Something isn't letting us move <Issue ID> to Backlog. Ask your project administrator to check the workflow settings and transition conditions."

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

5 answers

1 vote
Kenneth June 4, 2019

[SOLVED] Go to your board settings and check your swim lane and its status. You may have Backlog in the unassigned column.

0 votes
Steven Skarratt August 9, 2019

I had the same issue, however this was resolved by adding the 'Transition Issues' permission within the Project to a group that my user was part of.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

What are the transition conditions on the workflow transition back to the status in the backlog column?

If there are no conditions, then what does the log say?

0 votes
Jasmine Klecka January 5, 2018

i need help with this too.

0 votes
Vasilis Gennaris December 7, 2017

Have the same issue in a board with custom columns. Is there any idea what might is wrong?

Jasmine Klecka January 8, 2018

i figured it out. you have to go to your workflow and check that the statuses can transition to each other. i just selected "all" for mine and that fixed the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events