Unable to tag people

Jayesh Amarnani November 19, 2020

Hi, I have a weird issue. I am unable to tag anyone in my jira tickets.

I can create a jira ticket but can't tag anyone. When I type @ symbol, the list of people doesn't popup, whereas all my colleges can see the list of people. The @ symbol is blue in color when I type, then it turns black (like a normal text).

I am added to the project so I guess I have the required access. I read somewhere about "Browse users" permissions, but i think those are global level permissions which is not visible to me, and I think "Browse users" is not a user level permission which can only impact me.

Please help.

2 answers

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi @Jayesh Amarnani 

Welcome to the Community!

It could well be a permission issue.

My advice would be to reach out to your Admin and ask them if they can troubleshoot it.

They might find the Admin Helper useful: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam

Jayesh Amarnani November 19, 2020

Thanks for helping me!!

I will try this and update.

Thanks again!

Jayesh

Like Liam Green likes this
0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Hello Jayesh,

Indeed, I confirm that this problem is probably due to the "Browse users and groups" permission that you don't seem to have access to.

The only solution I see is asking a global admin for help, to grant you the "Browse users and groups" permission from the Settings => System => Global Settings menu.

Let me know if it helped or not,

Guilhem

Suggest an answer