Unable to submit jira ticket from Sharepoint via issue collector

nnallusamy December 2, 2020

Hi, 

I would like to create JIRA issue from SharePoint site. I have created JIRA Issue Collector and embedded the HTML code on the SharePoint site. 

When I click the button, It is opening the form correctly. But, It throws an error when I try to submit it after the filling the form. 

Error:

There was a problem submitting your feedback, likely due to the configuration of this form. You might want to contact the site owner to let them know about this issue.

Screenshot:

MicrosoftTeams-image.png  

if we look at the error in the console,  It is getting submitted as anonymous request. That seems to be causing this error.

Can someone please tell how to resolve this? anything needs to be setup on JIRA or SharePoint side? Application Links? 

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2020

Hi,

I can see that you are getting an XRSF error in the browser.  This is a cross site request forgery protection feature in Jira.  I can see that these two sites (Jira and sharepoint) are running on different URL domains.  That could be a factor for seeing this error today.

Flashback to February of this year when Google Chrome started to change the way their browser handles samesite cookies. (Firefox and Edge followed suit as well if I recall correctly)  This caused issue collectors from Jira to break anytime they are hosted on a different domain, like here.  I created a bug about this behavior over in JRASERVER-70494.  Lots more details in that bug ticket about this problem.

The good news is that if this is indeed the same cause, then upgrading Jira to a version such as 8.7.0 or higher will contain a fix for this so that issue collectors can be created and placed on webpages that exist on other domains. 

What version of Jira Server are you using here? 

I suspect you might need to upgrade Jira to correct this problem.  There is a work-around listed on that bug page, but it requires the end user to adjust their browser settings to allow this to work on these older versions of Jira.  The update to Jira prevents this XRSF check from throwing this error.

I hope this helps.

Andy

nnallusamy December 6, 2020

Thanks so much, @Andy Heinzer 

I have tried the workaround provided in that ticket and it worked. Our current JIRA version is 8.4.1. I think, as you said upgrading it will fix the problem. 

Thanks

Like Andy Heinzer likes this

Suggest an answer