Unable to submit a Jira support ticket

Pieter van Boxtel April 7, 2017

I am trying to report a technical issue, but the https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ page keeps giving errors when trying to submit it

6 answers

2 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2017

Hi Peter,

I'm the Product Manager for Atlassian's support systems. I'd love to get some more information from you so that we can identify the cause of this problem and get our dev team to fix it. We get several hundred submissions through this form per day, so there is definitely something funny going on that may only be affecting a small amount of users. 

If you're not comfortable providing this information in the public community, you can email me directly at jclark@atlassian.com. 

In particular I would like to know:

1. The browser & operating system combination you're using.
  2. If you have any brower extensions installed (and does disabling them solve the problem?)

3. The values you entered into the form that failed (can you provide a screenshot?)

4. For extra awesome bonus points, a HAR file capture of the form submission failure (see our documentation on Generating HAR files and Analyzing Web Requests)

Is the issue you're trying to contact support about urgent? If you also send me the details of your support request I can file one on your behalf immediately.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Clark
Product Manager - Atlassian

Pieter van Boxtel April 10, 2017

Joe,

It looks like privacy badger was causing a problem. After disabling it I was able to create an issue. Even better (or worse?), privacy badger also seemed to be the cause of that issue, see https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-273702

Cheers,

Pieter

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2017

Hi Pieter - OK, I'm glad it was an easy fix, but I still think this is something we can fix/improve.  Nothing that Privacy Badger blocks should stop the site from functioning correctly (the support site should gracefully degrade when external resources cannot be loaded). There are probably other people out there having the same problem!

I just tried installing Privacy Badger on my own machine but I'm still able to create support tickets successfully, so probably your add-on is blocking things more aggressively than the fresh installation on my browser.  Could you provide me some details on the URLs that Privacy Badger is blocking on your browser? A screenshot or just the list of URLs would be fine.

Thanks,
Joe.

Pieter van Boxtel April 11, 2017

Joe,

Privacy badger learns what to block, so I can imagine it's hard to reproduce this. Here is a screenshot;

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 11.28.00 .png

After unblocking the 1st URL (support-forms) everything is fine.

Cheers, Pieter

0 votes
Kiranprasad_Radhakrishnan April 28, 2020

Any solutions to this issue. I been facing this issue recently

0 votes
Kyle Li March 13, 2019

Any solution for this issue ?

Always get 'Something went wrong, please try submitting your request again.'

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 7, 2017

Pieter I escalated this internally and hoping to find an answer for you soon. Did you try filing a general support ticket?

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2017

Thanks for summoning me, Monique! :)

0 votes
Pieter van Boxtel April 7, 2017

Still getting the same error ("Something went wrong, please try submitting your request again."). I tried different scenarios with/without screenshot, selecting Jira (cloud) / select Jira from licences.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

Hi Pieter - Are you still having problems?

https://atlassian.statuspage.io/ doesn't report any issues.

I just tried to rasing a test request myself and it went through OK, but I might not have done exactly the same as you.

It looks like you have a JIRA Cloud (OnDemand) instance, correct?

For the "What product is this for?" question, did you select a product or choose from your licences?

If you did select a product (I assume JIRA) did you pick Cloud or Self-hosted?

Sometimes closing/re-opening your browser (and/or clearing cache) sorts out problems like this, so you could give that a try if you haven't already.

p.s. You might want consider removing or trimming the screen shot you posted as it reveals your site URL, which you might not want to show on this public forum

Suggest an answer