Unable to spell check the contents typed in the decription and other fields of the issue.

Balaji Madana December 28, 2017

How should to configure jira, to make available the spell checker option for the contents entered in the issue fields?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Spellchecking is not something I have found to be a function of Jira itself.  At least not yet.  More often this tends to have become a function of your browser that is loading the Jira page itself. 

Depending on what browser you are using will determine what settings are necessary for the browser to be able to do this.

As for Jira, not all fields are the same.  Certainly a description field is expected to be spellcheck-able in the browser, but other fields such as labels have an expectation within Jira to always allow for the new creation of a label directly in the issue itself.  Hence that field isn't the same as a text/description field and in turn I would not have the same expectations of it.

Have you found certain fields are working for this while others are not?   I would be interested to see if we can better understand exactly what type of custom field works here or does not.   It might not be something we can configure directly in Jira since in my experience the spell checking is being provided by the browser, not the site, but the more we can learn about this perhaps we can offer some other insights here.

Balaji Madana January 15, 2018

@Andy Heinzer Thank you.  I see your point.  I will check the settings.

Thank you for the reply.

Balaji 

Suggest an answer