Unable to share dashboard

James Burdett July 28, 2021

I have created a dashboard, with gadgets displaying filtered search results from a certain project.

I have created a group, added the user to that group, given that group View permissions on the dashboard, given that group View permissions for those filters, and that group has Browse permissions for the project that the filters are querying - and yet the user can not see the contents of the gadgets within that dashboard (but can access the dashboard itself).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be really appreciated!

4 answers

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Hi  @James Burdett you can give a try to below workaround -

• Favorite/unfavorite the affected filter. This will flush the caches and the filter will be reloaded correctly.
  • Share the filter only with groups/users that have permission to view the projects in the filter
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Does the group have browse permissions for all underlying projects associated with the dashboard filters?

James Burdett August 2, 2021

There is only 1 project, and the group I have created has the 'Browse Projects' permission for that project. Are there any other permissions that the group would require to be able to view a filter that searches for tickets between a certain timeframe?

0 votes
Claudio Gonzalez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

Hi James.

In according to error, may be is not a permission error. Can you try use other browser?

Regards,

CGA

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

Hello @James Burdett ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community ...!

Can you please share a screenshot of the dashboard from the user side?

It may help to identify the error.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Sure thing!Image Pasted at 2021-7-29 12-59.png

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2021

Please check the JQL Filter permissions.

I think he doesn't have view access to these results of this filter.

Giving View permission is not possible for Single users in Jira, I'm using the latest version of Jira.

You can able to give edit permission to a single user to the Jira filter. 

image.png

Please check the above screenshot of my demo filter.

Check the "Viewers" section.

Thanks.

So here's what the dashboard permissions look like:

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 2.05.21 pm.png

And here's what the filter permissions look like (they're the same for every filter):

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 2.32.18 pm.png

Is it possible to give these permissions to a single group like this?

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2021

Yes, No worries. 

You can able to setup view access to --> Groups and Project Roles.

That's what I'm confused about, because it's exactly what I've done, but it's not working...

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2021

Sorry to ask this,

Can you please remove the user and add it back to the "Read-Only" group from usermanagement.

Suggest an answer