Unable to share a Dashboard to group

Sunil Muniyal August 9, 2016

Hello,

I just created a group in JIRA Agile with members in it and tried to share a dashboard with the group. 

However, upon looking for the group in the available list in Share Dashboard window, I could see the created group listed. Tried creating another group, however, it was still the same.

Is there any limit in listing of groups in the drop down of Share Dashboard window?

Is there anything else needed to be done when we create a group so that it is displayed?

Thanks

Sunil M.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2016

My guess is that you are not in the group you re trying to share with.

Sunil Muniyal August 10, 2016

Hello Nic,

Thank you for the quick response. This did helped however, in case of a single user. When I would want to allow multiple users to be able to share multiple dashboards to multiple groups, it would become difficult to manage as I will have to add each of the user to each of the group.

Is there a way to add a group to another group. If that is possible, I would then add all the users to a group say Admin and then will add this Admin group to all other groups. This will be a one time activity and in future to modify the permissions I will just have to add or remove a user from Admin group.

Thanks
Sunil M.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2016

No, a group is a set of users.

If you've got a user directory that supports nested groups, JIRA can use those, but it still sees them as flat sets of users, and you'll need to do the moving of users in the directory, not JIRA

Sunil Muniyal August 10, 2016

ohh ok... thank you for the responses, Nic... definitely this has helped.

Suggest an answer