Unable to share Dashboard to a project

Nishu Singla July 29, 2015

Hi -

I'm logged in as a JIRA global admin and created a dashboard that I'd like to share with members of a particular project.

I tried adding that project by using 'Add Shares', but everytime I do so the project would not be added and my dashboard status still remains 'Private Dashboard'.

Please advise.

Thanks

3 answers

2 votes
Ramya Mure March 14, 2017

Hi,

This is probably quite late but I just thought might be helpful for anyone else.

So I noticed that on the "Edit & Share Dashboard page", when we try to add shares with projects or groups, it so happens that there is an Update button on the right side, as well as an + Add button at the bottom of the "Add Shares" field. This actually enables confusion, as most people end up clicking only on the Update button, without clicking on + Add first. This seems like a very simple mistake, but it is possible as this was why initially my project shares weren't taking place. Do let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

Jay Falcone January 14, 2019

I wish i found this an hour ago! Cheers!

0 votes
john.pfotzer@verizonwireless.com July 29, 2015

have you double checked the "filter" that you have permissions there?

Hi John- I'm not sure what "filter" you mean here? Please elaborate

john.pfotzer@verizonwireless.com July 29, 2015

not sure how experienced you are, so forgive me if I assume you don't have much. Most of us are in that boat. ok, when you make a dashboard it comes in 2 parts. First is you go to issues and you click on "search". You make a choice of information you want like, which project, what status, etc. You save that as a filter. Then again under issues choose "manage filters". find the filter that feeds the dashboad. If you have the permission to click on "edit". Go to "share". On the filter you have the option to let it be public, or only for a group or a project member. If it is "public" anyone can see it. If it is for a group, make sure you are a member of that group, if it is for a project, make sure you have a role in that project. Then you should be able to see the dashboard. If you need clearer help google setting up a filter, and setting up a dashboard in JIRA. Does this make any sense?

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2015

Hey Nishu,

Just to be sure, are you able to access that specific project (do you have the "Browse Projects" permission under it)?
If not, that would explain the problem here, you need to have access to it to share objects to the Project. Here you can see a similar request which seems to be related.

If that's not the case, is there any errors on the screen when you try to share the dashboard?
And what about the $JIRA_HOME/logs/atlassian-jira.log file? Is there any errors there? 

Regards,
Andre 

Hi Andre- Thanks for your response. I do have Browse project access. However I'm not sure how to extract the log file.

Suggest an answer