Unable to set issue assignee to UNASSIGNED even when project default user = unassigned

Rob Nolan June 8, 2015

We have a long running JIRA project (TOPS) with an associate workflow that is only utilised by that project. However, only in the last 7 days, new issues created under this project are no longer defaulting to the default user (unassigned). Instead, created issues are all defaulting to the project lead.

The Project Lead is myself and the Default Assignee is Unassigned. I have tried to reverse these values and reset back to correct settings (above), but this has made no difference. I have also added the post-function to purge the assignee field, but again, this has made no difference and the new tickets/issues still set the default assignee to the project lead as opposed to the actual Project Default User (UNASSIGNED).

Any help greatly appreciated.

4 answers

1 vote
Peter Kroh February 27, 2017

Is there any solution in the meantime? Because we have the same problem.

JIRA  Version 7.2.1 Standalone

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2017

I'm afraid it's the same as Christian and I already mentioned.  If those two cases are not the problem, then it should be working.  You'll need to take a close look at your logs to see what it is doing.

0 votes
Jagan March 22, 2017

Any solution ? I too face this problem, 6.4.11

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2017

Please see the previous answers - it's the same as Christian and I already mentioned.  If those two cases are not the problem, then it should be working.  You'll need to take a close look at your logs to see what it is doing.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

Just to make sure: You (or any other admin) haven't added any JS into a field description, a plugin or the announcement banner that could be causing this behavior?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2015

Have you got "allow unassigned issues" turned off in general configuration?

Rob Nolan June 8, 2015

Thanks for the response Nic.

"Allow Unassigned Issues" has already been set to ON I'm afraid. So no luck on that one

Suggest an answer