Unable to set and update radio button customfield value for a JIRA issue

Komail Badami May 9, 2017

I am creating a JIRA issue programmatically with a listener plugin, it gets its input values from a screen. I have a radio button field whose value I want to be set when the issue creation finishes. The radio button field is present on the given screen when you view/create/edit the issue but the value is not set.

Below is the code

CustomFieldManager custFieldMgr = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
Option optionValue = (Option)issue.getCustomFieldValue(custFieldMgr.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_" + customFieldId));
issue.setCustomFieldValue(customField, optionValue);

1 answer

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2023
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
// the name of the custom field (single select list type) final customFieldName = 'Single Select List'
// the value of the new option to set
final newValue = 'Option C'
// the issue key to update
final issueKey = 'TEST-1'
def issue = ComponentAccessor.issueManager.getIssueByCurrentKey(issueKey) assert issue: "Could not find issue with key $issueKey"
def customField = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).findByName(customFieldName)
assert customField: "Could not find custom field with name $customFieldName"
def availableOptions = ComponentAccessor.optionsManager.getOptions(customField.getRelevantConfig(issue))
def optionToSet = availableOptions.find { it.value == newValue }
assert optionToSet: "Could not find option with value $newValue. Available options are ${availableOptions*.value.join(",")}" customField.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField), optionToSet), new DefaultIssueChangeHolder())

Suggest an answer