Unable to see the SVN commit info in Jira with Jira-Svn plugin

Snehal Masne August 25, 2014

I did the SVN Jira integration using :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion

and able to see the 'Sbuversion' tab in Jira.

But it doesnt show the relevant SVN commit log. Instead shows :

"There are no subversion log entries for this issue yet"

PS. While commiting in SVN I entered the proper Jira ID to hook that up.

Please let me know why is it not showing up?

Regards,

TechProceed.com

1 answer

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

Wait for an hour...

Snehal Masne August 26, 2014

I waited for like a day. But dont see any SVN log.

Provided Jira plugin is installed correctly, Could you let me know what steps are necessary from SVN perspective so that Jira gets aware of SVN activity ?

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

Simply, register the Subversion repository and wait for the Indexing process to be fired (default interval is one hour).

So, if you see the Subversion tab then:

1) The indexing process might fail (not fired): it has been modified in the latest version of the plugin in order to support Data Center, so maybe some bug dealling with Cluster events management might occur.

2) If the indexing process is fired it might not scan your repository due some configuration error (mainly, user's credentials). You might want to disable the add-on and inspect the Lucene file contents by using some Lucene viewer and see whether there are some records there.

3) Or the indexing process might not work as you expect if the pattern of your issue keys is not the JIRA standard: PROYECTID-ISSUENUMBER. This is not too much frequent but I saw it sometimes with some users of Subversion ALM.

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

You might also want to give a try to Subversion ALM (which has just become opensource) and see whether it shows something.

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2015

Hi, What error it is showing in atlassian-jira.log?

Suggest an answer