Unable to see "Epic Link" (greenhopper) field on issue form

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

I have the field, "Epic Link", as a field on Screen_A. Screen_A belongs to Issuetype_A. Screen_A belongs to field configuration_A. I use the "where is my field" functionality in JIRA, and it suggests that the field should be on the form.

But, it is not on the form. I re-index the data via JIRA. Still not there.

JIRA shows in the field configuration that this field is locked and that it is used by Greenhopper, yada, yada. That makes sense.

But. my problem: I have several issues that have been closed, but I want to associate them with the Epic to get a true picture of value produced and destination it has taken to get there, yada yada. But, I can't because a) the issue is closed and no longer present on the GH side to make the association, and b) I can't present the field on the form to make the association. And yes, I'm speaking about the latest Epic functionality from Greenhopper, not some legacy implementation of basic issue links that we once used.

Figured I'd ask my friends before seeking support from Atlassian.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2013

Unfortunately, there's no possible way to edit the epic link from the issue itself. You may want to vote on the following 2 tickets:

To associate some old issues to the Epic, you may want to try the approach from Michael, which use additional board and filter to achieve it:

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

OK. In my case, I reopened all of the closed issues (so they'd show up on the Backlog again), dragged them into the Epic, and then closed them again. Thanks for the help. I'll vote on those guys after reading the other content above.

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2013

Hey Paul, good to hear that you found another workaround. :)

Anyway, it would be great to vote on the feature. The more the merrier. :)

Suggest an answer