Unable to search confluence kb from issue create screen in Jira Service Desk

James L Cleckler October 11, 2016

I was able to setup a link between my JIRA Service Desk project and a Confluence space.  I am also able to search the KB after the issue is created from the view issue screen. There are 2 things that I see missing. 1. Why can't I search the KB BEFORE I create the incident?  Suppose I find the answer and want to immediately have access to the information before I create the incident?  2. How can I create a link between the Confluence article and the Service Desk incident after I click on Search Knowledge Base from the view issue screen? I can search but see now way to "link" the article back to the incident.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2016

KB searching at creation time is supported via portal create request screen (eg: <instance>/servicedesk/customer/portal/5/create/35). Also ensure you have correct licensing setting.

image2016-10-13 9:38:13.png

0 votes
James L Cleckler October 11, 2016

I've been able to find the More -> Link to create a link to a confluence article.  I would still like to know the answer to question 1 and understand how it creates the Related Knowledge Base Articles link.

Suggest an answer