Unable to save filters

Grunde Waag April 25, 2012

I'm unable to save filters in jira ondemand. All I get is a new log in screen and a message that I don't have the right permissions. Which permissions control this?

3 answers

0 votes
Patrick_Muheim November 5, 2019

You (even if you are an administrator) have to be assigned to each user group that is eligible for the filter. Very stupid! The same thing if you try do add a new group to the board. It is only possible, if you assigned to each user group that already has been eligible for the board.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

You have to see in the Filter Administration who is the owner of the filter. If you aren't the owner then that's why you can't edit them.

Grunde Waag April 26, 2012

Yes, I'm the owner.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

Hey,

if you want to share a filter you have to have the global permission "Create shared object". Maybe you have tried to share the filter when you created it?

Please note, you need the 'Create Shared Object' global permission to be able to share your filter. If you cannot see the 'Shares' fields, contact your JIRA Administrator to have this permission added to your profile.

Just a guess,

Cheers Christian

Grunde Waag April 25, 2012

I have lots of private filters which were imported with my old jira database. I can delete them, but I can't edit them. When I try to edit a private filter I get the error message "Grunde Waag does not have permission to access this page."

Suggest an answer