Unable to restore Customer notifications

bseguin September 5, 2017

Hi community,

I got errors in my Jira project with JSD :

"Customer notifications missing

We can't find your customer email notification rules. To fix this, restore your email rules"

But when I clic on Restore Email Rules I got :

"An error occurred while trying to restore the email notification rules. Please try again."

In Catalina.out the error is :

/rest/servicedesk/notifications/1/misconfiguration/SUP/fix [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: Failed to insert rule component configuration data

According to the folowing link the error is related to the database collation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/after-upgrading-service-desk-seeing-error-customer-notifications-missing-874754406.html

But when I test it seems to be OK:

SELECT C.collation_name, T.table_name FROM information_schema.tables AS T,information_schema.`collation_character_set_applicability` AS C WHERE  C.collation_name = T.table_collation AND T.table_schema = 'jira-desk' AND C.collation_name != 'utf8_bin';
Empty set (0,01 sec)

SELECT default_collation_name
    -> FROM   information_schema.schemata S
    -> WHERE  schema_name = (SELECT 'jira-desk'
    ->                       FROM   DUAL);
+------------------------+
| default_collation_name |
| utf8_bin               |
1 row in set (0,00 sec)

My config is : JSD 3.5.0, Jira Core 7.3.6 and Mysql 5.7.18

Can someone help me please ?

Thank you very much.

Baptiste

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hi Baptiste,

Can you also provide us the result of this query run against your database:

select table_schema, table_name, column_name, character_set_name, collation_name from information_schema.COLUMNS where collation_name != 'utf8_bin';

If this shows that some columns are not set to the correct collation, short of migrating the entire database, I believe you should be able to update these by using the Changing Column Collation section of How to Fix the Collation and Character Set of a MySQL Database.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
bseguin September 13, 2017

Worked for me !

Thank you very much !

Suggest an answer