Unable to recover labels

Are Vattekar October 16, 2012

The system field labels has been accidentally deleted. When adding a new custom field of type Labels and name Labels, I get two Labels field in the issue overview. How can I only get one Labels field (the system field)?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

In the field configuration of your project, you will now find two fields called "Labels". One of them will be the system field and the other will be the custom field. You will need to hide the custom field.

That worked like a charm! Thank you for the answer :)

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Suggest renaming your custom field to something that you can distinguish between the system field and custom field.

I actually deleted the custom field, so now I have only one field called Labels

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2012

Don't you care about all the older issues which actually had a value in the "Labels" custom field?

0 votes

Nope. We used the label plugin before JIRA 4.2 and had a custom field named "Label". After the upgrade the "Labels" custom field was accidentally deleted and when I now try to add a new custom field named "Labels" i get two "Labels" fields in the issue overview. The system field cannot be edited, only the newly added custom field. What I want to acheive is to only have one "Labels" field and that should be the system version of if.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2012

How did you manage to delete the system field? Directly from the database?

Suggest an answer