Unable to process plugin to generate OSGi manifest

daniel santigosa September 23, 2013

Hello,

Im developing a menu plugin.

I'm using jira 4.2

When i finish the plugin, i do atlas-debug and it gives:

2013-09-24 11:23:17,151 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Unable to deploy plugin '${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}', file Unit: C:\Users\Luis Daniel\jiraSpace\B2bImportAndReportsSections\target\jira\home\plugins\installed-plugins\B2bImportAndReportsSections-1.0.jar (1380014280184)
com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Unable to process plugin to generate OSGi manifest
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.stage.GenerateManifestStage.execute(GenerateManifestStage.java:154)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.DefaultPluginTransformer.transform(DefaultPluginTransformer.java:190)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginFactory.createOsgiPluginJar(OsgiPluginFactory.java:250)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginFactory.create(OsgiPluginFactory.java:162)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader.deployPluginFromUnit(ScanningPluginLoader.java:116)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader.loadAllPlugins(ScanningPluginLoader.java:89)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.init(DefaultPluginManager.java:136)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.start(JiraPluginManager.java:52)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager$PluginSystem.start(ComponentManager.java:1326)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.quickStart(ComponentManager.java:227)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:212)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyLauncher.launchConsistencyChecker(ConsistencyLauncher.java:63)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyLauncher.contextInitialized(ConsistencyLauncher.java:42)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4887)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5381)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:977)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1654)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin version '${project.version}' is required and must be able to be parsed as an OSGi version - MAJOR.MINOR.MICRO.QUALIFIER
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.stage.GenerateManifestStage.validateOsgiVersionIsValid(GenerateManifestStage.java:247)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.stage.GenerateManifestStage.execute(GenerateManifestStage.java:147)
	... 26 more

and in jira administration> plugins, it show:

${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}

Descripción: 
Vendor: (unknown)
Plugin Version: 0.0
JIRA Version: 0.0
Installation Mode: Embedded
There were errors loading this plugin:
Unable to process pugin to generate OSGi manifest

Im noob in this and my english is so poor.

your help is welcome

Thanks!

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
daniel santigosa September 29, 2013

I tried a lot of changes in the pom, at finally i change the packaging to :

<packaging>atlassian-plugin</packaging>

The plugin did not break and then worked well

Thanks for your help

1 vote
Sharath T S December 22, 2014

The naming of the plugin version should be proper in your plugin pom.xml. i had a similar problem...when i tried naming the version as "v1.0.0" i was getting similar error and when i changed the name of the version to "1.0.0" it worked like a charm!

0 votes
Atul Aggarwal July 17, 2019

Hello, 

I'm developing Jira plugin and while running the plugin I'm getting this issue, because of which I was not able to Enable my installed plugin on Jira Manage Plugin and also not able to list my when handler in the Automator. Can anyone help me out regaring this.

2 plugins failed to load during JIRA startup.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 'com.infiverve.flint.jiraPlugin' - 'jiraPlugin' failed to load.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Cannot start plugin: com.infiverve.flint.jiraPlugin
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Unresolved constraint in bundle com.infiverve.flint.jiraPlugin [177]: Unable to resolve 177.0: missing requirement [177.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.automation.configuration.ruleset.input)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] It was loaded from /home/atula/jira/flint_automation_plugin/jiraPlugin/target/jira/home/plugins/installed-plugins/jiraPlugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 'com.infiverve.flint.jiraPlugin-tests' - 'jiraPlugin' failed to load.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Cannot start plugin: com.infiverve.flint.jiraPlugin-tests
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Unresolved constraint in bundle com.infiverve.flint.jiraPlugin-tests [178]: Unable to resolve 178.0: missing requirement [178.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.infiverve.flint.api) [caused by: Unable to resolve 177.0: missing requirement [177.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.automation.configuration.ruleset.input)]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] It was loaded from /home/atula/jira/flint_automation_plugin/jiraPlugin/target/jira/home/plugins/installed-plugins/jiraPlugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar
0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

For me it as <application-version> tag. changing it from 

&lt;application-version min="6.2" max="6.4.12"/&gt;

to

&lt;application-version min="6.2" max="6.4"/&gt;

solved it.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

For me it was having a version of the plugin that looked like "1.0." instead of "1.0.0"

0 votes
Jaime Rey September 23, 2013

Hello Daniel; have you updated your atlassian SDK to the last version?

Thanks!

Hello Jaime,

Yes i have updated it, and it still crashing

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

Sorry, i don't get what he means by "compiled version isn't setting up the version string properly in Eclipse"

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

you give plugin version other than 0.0 and check.

have a doubt what is <jira.version> in your pom.xml

Im using 4.2

I attach the pom properties

&lt;properties&gt;
		&lt;jira.version&gt;4.2&lt;/jira.version&gt;
		&lt;jira.data.version&gt;4.2&lt;/jira.data.version&gt;
		&lt;amps.version&gt;4.1&lt;/amps.version&gt;
	&lt;/properties&gt;
&lt;/project&gt;

Suggest an answer