Unable to process plugin to generate OSGi manifest

Hello,

Im developing a menu plugin.

I'm using jira 4.2

When i finish the plugin, i do atlas-debug and it gives:

2013-09-24 11:23:17,151 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Unable to deploy plugin '${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}', file Unit: C:\Users\Luis Daniel\jiraSpace\B2bImportAndReportsSections\target\jira\home\plugins\installed-plugins\B2bImportAndReportsSections-1.0.jar (1380014280184)
com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Unable to process plugin to generate OSGi manifest
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.stage.GenerateManifestStage.execute(GenerateManifestStage.java:154)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.DefaultPluginTransformer.transform(DefaultPluginTransformer.java:190)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginFactory.createOsgiPluginJar(OsgiPluginFactory.java:250)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginFactory.create(OsgiPluginFactory.java:162)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader.deployPluginFromUnit(ScanningPluginLoader.java:116)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader.loadAllPlugins(ScanningPluginLoader.java:89)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.init(DefaultPluginManager.java:136)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.start(JiraPluginManager.java:52)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager$PluginSystem.start(ComponentManager.java:1326)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.quickStart(ComponentManager.java:227)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:212)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyLauncher.launchConsistencyChecker(ConsistencyLauncher.java:63)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyLauncher.contextInitialized(ConsistencyLauncher.java:42)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4887)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5381)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:977)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1654)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin version '${project.version}' is required and must be able to be parsed as an OSGi version - MAJOR.MINOR.MICRO.QUALIFIER
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.stage.GenerateManifestStage.validateOsgiVersionIsValid(GenerateManifestStage.java:247)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.stage.GenerateManifestStage.execute(GenerateManifestStage.java:147)
	... 26 more

and in jira administration> plugins, it show:

${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}

Descripción: 
Vendor: (unknown)
Plugin Version: 0.0
JIRA Version: 0.0
Installation Mode: Embedded
There were errors loading this plugin:
Unable to process pugin to generate OSGi manifest

Im noob in this and my english is so poor.

your help is welcome

Thanks!

6 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I tried a lot of changes in the pom, at finally i change the packaging to :

<packaging>atlassian-plugin</packaging>

The plugin did not break and then worked well

Thanks for your help

The naming of the plugin version should be proper in your plugin pom.xml. i had a similar problem...when i tried naming the version as "v1.0.0" i was getting similar error and when i changed the name of the version to "1.0.0" it worked like a charm!

Sorry, i don't get what he means by "compiled version isn't setting up the version string properly in Eclipse"

you give plugin version other than 0.0 and check.

have a doubt what is <jira.version> in your pom.xml

Im using 4.2

I attach the pom properties

&lt;properties&gt;
		&lt;jira.version&gt;4.2&lt;/jira.version&gt;
		&lt;jira.data.version&gt;4.2&lt;/jira.data.version&gt;
		&lt;amps.version&gt;4.1&lt;/amps.version&gt;
	&lt;/properties&gt;
&lt;/project&gt;

Hello Daniel; have you updated your atlassian SDK to the last version?

Thanks!

Hello Jaime,

Yes i have updated it, and it still crashing

For me it was having a version of the plugin that looked like "1.0." instead of "1.0.0"

For me it as <application-version> tag. changing it from 

&lt;application-version min="6.2" max="6.4.12"/&gt;

to

&lt;application-version min="6.2" max="6.4"/&gt;

solved it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

115 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you